Office of Principal and Major Gifts
Last Updated: 05/18/2010
This Office coordinates University-wide individual leadership cultivation and solicitation activities (Presidential/SVPEA prospects) and conducts a program of geographically-based fundraising.
Regional fundraisers are assigned driving corridors in Georgia and contiguous states and Aflight regions@ broken into the following areas of the United States: Northeast/New England, Mid Atlantic, Florida, Midwest and West. The flight regions include, among others, the following cities: New York, Boston, Washington, Houston, Dallas, Chattanooga, Nashville, Chicago and Los Angeles.
Long-term benefits include:
- A greater level of one-on-one contact with prospects, donors, and key volunteers around the country.
- A much quicker and better identification of major gift prospects for UGA.
- A stronger group of volunteer leadership around the country.
- The establishment of a much broader Afeeder system@ or pipeline to prospective donors for UGA and its Schools/Colleges/Units.
- A greater presence of UGA nationally through the coordination of and involvement in UGA receptions in key cities around the country.