General Use and Regulation Requirements for UGA Marks and Logos
Effective Date: 01/01/2004
Last Updated: 10/23/2013
To maintain consistency, UGA does not allow any alterations to its marks and logos and all marks and logos must always be presented in their original form:
- The marks and logos should never be obscured by interrupting lines, shapes, color or text.
- The marks must never be tilted or appear upside down.
- To maintain reproduction quality, the marks and logos requested must be provided to the user by the University of Georgia Division of Development and Alumni Relations or downloaded from the University of Georgia Public Affairs site once the user has completed an approval form (which may be downloaded as well) and has been granted approval.
The official seal of the University of Georgia is not interchangeable with other UGA logos nor may it be altered in any way. The seal carries additional guidelines for use that are included below:
- The seal may be used only on academic awards, and formal and official institutional documents such as diplomas and proclamations.
- No other marks or logos will be considered on these types of items:
- Diplomas, caps and gowns, proclamations etc.
- The seal can only be produced in one color.
Registered University of Georgia and Athletic marks cannot be used by political campaigns, or candidates, nor may UGA marks be used for any political initiatives of any sort.
The registered trademark symbol ® must always accompany a registered mark. The trademark symbol TM must always accompany the marks that are in the process of being registered. A list of ® and TM logos are available University of Georgia Division of Development and Alumni Relations web site.
The Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia guidelines for use of marks and logos must also be followed at all times. These guidelines include:
- Marks and logos cannot be used on any services, goods or items in a manner which may cause embarrassment or ridicule to UGA.
- Marks and logos shall not be used in conjunction with:
- Alcoholic beverages;
- Tobacco products;
- Religious content;
- Political candidates or political issues;
- Sexually oriented goods;
- Goods which make unfavorable reference to the race, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability of a person;
- Any item which does not meet minimum standards of quality and good taste as determined by UGA.