Women of UGA is a growing community of women affiliated with the University of Georgia. The Women of UGA are connected to each other and to the University's schools, colleges, and the UGA Alumni Association by their commitment to and participation in professional development, community service, and personal empowerment. For information on Women of UGA events in the Atlanta area, contact Margaret Sullivan at email@example.com. For Athens events, contact Wanda Darden at firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 542-8199.
Provide a forum for women of UGA to connect with one another for personal and professional growth
- Community - Create a sense of community for women across UGA to connect with one another and build relationships
- Empowerment - Provide programming for women across UGA that develops their skills and empowers them to achieve their professional goals
- Service - Coordinate and support volunteer initiatives geared towards women and girls
- Professional Development - Potential topics for these fee-based seminars include: Leadership seminars; Communication skills; Networking skills; Career management; Panel presentations; Wellness seminars; Building your own business; Financial Planning; Power and presence
- Service/Community Involvement - Potential projects include: Volunteering at social service organizations focused on serving women and girls; Mentoring female UGA students or alumnae; serving on boards and committees at UGA
- Social Activities - Potential activities include: Wine tastings; Book clubs; Cooking demos; Golf/tennis clinics; Poetry readings
How to Get Involved:
Be sure you are receiving information about upcoming events and news from the UGA Alumni Association and register on the Online Community. Another great way to stay connected with fellow UGA alumnae is to join the Women of UGA Group on LinkedIN!