The UGA Alumni Association Multicultural Programs , incepted in 2005, provides minority alumni opportunities to be involved and stay connected with the Association and University while networking with and enjoying fellow UGA alumni and friends. The program focuses on outreach to minority and under-represented groups, including African American, Hispanic/Latino, Asian and bi-racial alumni through specially designed, culturally sensitive events . In addition, the Association strives to create a comfortable environment for networking and social interaction through the many events it co-sponsors with other organizations. A volunteer Steering Committee provides excellent feedback on the best ways to serve UGA's diverse alumni population.
In addition to providing special events, Multicultural Programs also works with minority alumni to assist the University with student recruitment. By participating in both Minority Admitted Student Receptions and Call-Outs, multicultural alumni helped the University obtain its most diverse freshman class in the school's history.For information on Multicultural Programs, contact Realenn Watters ’04 at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 814-8820.
Offices and student organizations promoting campus diversity:
• The College of Education Multicultural Web Site
• Department of Intercultural Affairs:
African American Cultural Center
International Student Life
Multicultural Services and Programs
• National Pan-Hellenic Council: This site contains links to all the black fraternities and sororities.
• See here for information on various other organizations for minority law students, including: Asian Law Student Association, Hispanic Law Student Association, Gay and Lesbian Legal Network, etc.
• In addition, see here for a list of professional and academic organizations for folks of African descent.